Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Motif of the Week, Tudor Rose

Well, I wasn't able to dig out a scanner, (though we return to the family house tonight,) so the picture is taken from my Blackberry:

I still don't like the right side leaf, and I am tempted to take out the stitches and re-stitch them.  I also would like to build up the white parts of the flower petals, so that they look like they are folded over.  Otherwise, I am quite pleased with this!

Stitches used:

Flower-detached buttonhole, lined in split stitches
Leaves-satin stitch, lined with split stitches
Stem-chain stitches

Silk and cotton embroidery threads, Japan silk #5 for the stems, gold filament for the outlines.

1 comment:

  1. If the right leaf is STILL bothering you, (and it was bothering you last post), then yes, I think you should take it out! (IMHO).

    If it were me, I'd say "it's only a small piece, let's make it as perfect as possible" and put in the extra white padding as well.

    But that's my opinion. :-)

    Did you know the Tudor Rose is my fav motif?

    ReplyDelete