Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Madcap Recap

This past weekend was Aethelmearc War Practice at Coopers Lake campground in Western, PA.  I taught a new class, on the wardrobe of Eleanor of Toledo, along with a disability roundtable, co-facilitated with the lovely Lady Leonor Farfan.  Both classes were very well received, indeed!

On Saturday, I participated in the Artisan's Playtime, with my embroidery.  I set out several different styles, from the Opus Anglicanum to Elizabethan, and received some very valuable feedback!  I also got to play with some new threads, namely silk and bamboo!  So very soft!!

I have started a small project with the silk, (it is a 12 ply from Splendor that came highly recommended and was given to me to try : ) and have some embroidery projects in the works with the bamboo (from White Wolf and Phoenix-very yummy feeling!)

I will post more on my experiences with the silk and bamboo threads as the projects progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment