Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Elizabethan Nightcap, part 3

Elmsley Rose writes, "I looked at your last entry and decided that the design was a repeated border at the base of the cap. If you are talking vines - obviously not.
May we see a copy of the full design?"

Certainly!  The design is a repeat pattern, though I seperated it to space the pattern out a bit.  Because it is pyramidal, I am using the pattern to form the triangle tops of the nightcap, which will then be sewn together.  When I said vines, I actually meant stems *blushes*  The leaves each have a stem, that resembles a scrolling vine, somewhat.

This pattern was found on Mary Corbet's website.

Here is a close-up of today's progress.  I have begun the speckling, first time trying it.  I am pretty good at shading when drawing and painting, and this carries over into the speckling, I'm finding.


I am still working on it, a bit, for better shading, but its not nearly as difficult as I would have expected. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's often the case that skills from another pastime will transfer quite well to embroidery. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete