Monday, June 6, 2011

The First Thread...

Somewhere around the house, I still have a potholder that I made in girlscouts when I was a child.  Mrs. Pratt taught us to embroider a French knot, and we made a flower out of knots, which was then sewn into a potholder.  I don't know how she got me to sit still long enough to embroider those 9 or 10 knots, but she did and I did.

I started embroidering, as an adult, close to three years ago, when I started delving into Tudor era fashions.  My health was on a downswing, and I needed something that was not physically intensive, but would challenge me mentally.  It didn't take long before I was hooked.  I jumped into later period embroidery before I learned the more "simple" chain and split stitches.  Now, I'm not ashamed to show my...learning pieces...however, apparently Blogger is doing maintanence and won't let me upload the scan of my first attempts at Elizabethan embroidery : (

I will make it up to you later this evening, with a pic of that piece *and* the potholder : )

No comments:

Post a Comment