Thursday, June 2, 2011

Peas Porridge Hot...

Yesterday, between bombing on the plaited braid stitch, and having to pull out an entire section of or nue, I settled for something I *thought* I could handle...a pea pod on the current sweet bag!

This is a three dimensional component, embroidered in detached buttonhole.  I will be adding pearl "peas" into the pod, under the flap of the upper pod, as soon as I can find the box that has my pearls in it...now where exactly *did* that box go?

You may notice that the flowers, butterfly, and underneath portions of the pea pod look strange for detached buttonhole stitches, which are normally much cleaner in rows...this is because I, for whatever strange reason, was turning the hoop, when I turned rows.  Um....once I realized what I was doing, I corrected my stitching, and you can barely see, but the upper portion of the pea pod is much neater.  Now to decide if I want to restitch the other components, or just let bygones be bygones?  ....Hmmm...... 

3 comments:

  1. You really like jumping into the hard stuff, don't you! Given the peapod has the 'floating' top.

    It all looks just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thoughts I really enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete